7 Gift ideas for elderly health
Want to get an elderly relative something they will actually use for Christmas? We’ve put together our list of best gift ideas for elderly health; gift that will help loneliness, safety and their fitness.
Gifts for loneliness & comfort
- Robot Pets
- A Tablet – there are many makes of electronic tablets available which can be great for reading books and using to contact people via Skype. They are also far more lightweight than a laptop and easy to learn how to use.
- Food Hamper – food hampers are great treat gift ideas for elderly people. They can contain some of their favourite foods that they may not be able to make for themselves very often.
Gifts for safety & security
- Security Lights – a security light that responds to movement can be a great http://premier-pharmacy.com/product-category/cancer/ comfort to your elderly loved ones. They can also be off-putting to opportunist burglars as they light up the front of the outside of the home.
- Telecare Alarm – a Telecare alarm is super simple to use and will provide help any time of day all 365 days of the year. It really is the gift of safety in the case of an emergency.
Gifts for fitness & mobility
- Mobility Help – if getting about is difficult for your elderly loved one then invest in ways to help them out of the house. This may be a walking stick, mobility walker or mobility scooter.
- Sports Goods – what hobbies do they love? Encourage loved ones to be active and do sports that they enjoy. You could give them a new tennis racket, golf clubs, swimming goggles and more!